Hope, freedom and new life through the Haven
About our foundation
Haven of Peace opened its doors in 1959, after founder Ethel Ellison saw a need for a local women’s shelter program. Haven of Peace exists to provide women and children with the tools they need to become self-sufficient and to introduce them to the love of Jesus Christ. Through its various programs, Haven of Peace has made a positive difference in the lives of thousands of women and children in San Joaquin County.